Section Head, Core Banking and Applications Support
January 31, 2023
- Manage all business applications in the bank to ensure uninterrupted operations of all aspects of banking. Provides daily supervision and direction to service desk staff who; are responsible for phone and in-person support to users in the areas of all business applications.
- Working closely with business users, IT helpdesk, examine day to day issues confronted by business users and provide consultancy in resolving them. Also act as a most important second level support for troubleshooting application related issues.
- Work with Business analysts (Banking Operation) in analysing user requirements and liaise with relevant vendors in providing appropriate solutions. Multiple vendor management and negotiations on enhancements are carried out very frequently.
- Play a major role in supporting front office staff with instant application solutions.
- Core Banking & BizDev Support Team is responsible for providing support for the following applications:
- Core Banking Application
- Business Intelligent Application (BI Report)
- AML Application
- Client Module Application (NBC)
- NCD Online Trading Platform (NBC)
- Retail Pay (NBC)
- Bakong (NBC)
- VB Wallet
- In-house developed applications / Any business application
- Oversee subordinate staff and provide planning.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot on Core banking system,
- To ensure EOD/EOM and EOY are smoothly execute and ready for next working day.
- Provide high quality, support services on applications mentioned above.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of bank’s financial data.
- Identify and recommend appropriate IT solutions in improving internal processes.
- Undertake training to educate user community on business applications.
- System Capacity Planning and user inventory control,
- To coordinate with vendor to get latest update of User Manual and to create or update Internal IT Operational Manual,
- Coordinate with Technology team to conduct system hardening, system penetration test, version or patch management upgrade and planning,
- To identify and ensure all key component related to Core Banking system are always available and backup,
- Develop OBIEE, Oracle BIP report,
- Coordinate business team to simulate and resolve the issue,
- Be able to develop in-house application,
- Prepare daily, monthly and system incident report,
- Attend weekly/ Monthly IT Meeting and ITC,
- Attend Disaster Recovery Exercise,
- Provide and assign plan and job to subordinate to do,
- Oversee staff and subordinate to complete the task
- Daily routine jobs (system healthy check and reporting)
- Quarterly system preventive maintenance, user and role profile review,
- IT General support,
- Other job assigned.
Capabilities and experience
- Bachelor degree graduated in computer science.
- Good knowledge in SQL (PL/SQL is preferable), Oracle BI, C# and .NET.
- 5 years experiences in the field of Banking /Business application support, maintenance and development.
- Excellent customer support skills,
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex business application issues and create new products and business applications
- Good leadership skills to mentor, oversee, and lead team members
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with business users, vendors, management, and team members
- Excellent analytical and communication skills,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills and proven track record in managing implementations.
- Honesty, reliability, and a commitment to strict confidentiality.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, email your cover letter and CV to :